Friday, February 25, 2011

What about climbing on a boat?

Taking a few weeks off climbing to do this sailing trip without access to training equipment meant I took this as an opportunity to work on other areas. It was hard to remain motivated but flexibility and antagonist exercise were target areas whilst away at sea, also motivation. I the final days before leaving Tassie for the trip I was trying this line Stan, it's a 28 crack I climbed it three times placing gear on lead to the very very last move and fell off. I was getting really wound up and losing drive to climb and just generally frustrated and over it. But with two weeks off rock (apart from one wicked day) I am super pysched and am heading off for the Totem Pole tomorrow!!

A note on the reminiscence effect (more info can be found in Performance Rock Climbing) but essentially means with an extended period away from a sport one can actually improve performance, as the brain sheds away useless attributes in brain engrams. Specifically in skill based sports so take pool for example. My old man beat Marcel and I in pool at the Furneaux Tavern who knows the last time the old boy played pool certainly a long time ago! And he was slamming them down!! Must be the reminiscence effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment